Last year we put together a little holiday party for a few of Ella’s friends. At this little social the girls:
- Made spritz cookies (which they covered with mountains of sprinkles)
- Colored festive pillowcases that reminded the girls to be extra good
- Ate a festive lunch, complete with a peanut butter tree the kids decorated with Craisins.
- Had holiday mani-pedis (red and green toes, sparkly silver fingers) while they watched a fun Christmas special. It was Little Einsteins Christmas Wish, if you must know.
- Ate their freshly baked cookies and drank hot cocoa with marshmallows
- Left with a bag of cookies and a set of hair clips that Ella and I made (We pinned them onto cardstock trees and wrapped them up. I wanted to keep one for myself, they looked so cute. Ella picked out all the ribbon, chose the button or mini yo-yo for each clip, and assisted me :)
I was lucky to have my amazing mom and sister Erin here last year, and the event went so smoothly when I had two assistants (slaves) to help me with the 5 girls and all the logistics involved. I really wish I could have assistants for every little gathering I host.
I’m hoping to pull off another Cookie and Cocoa Social, but this year it’s definitely going to be a last-minute endeavor. I like to keep my friends on their toes.
Are you hosting any holiday parties this year? I had grand plans for a holiday wrapping party (complete with fabulous wrapping stations and accessories, and an Italian soda/dessert bar), but I’ll be doing that next year. I hope.